Name change of a gas connection

Many people want to get the name of the customer changed, for which their gas connection is issued. However, as per the rules of the petroleum companies, this is ONLY possible when the original owner of the connection passes away. Also, the gas connection can only be transferred in the name of a blood relative of the customer.

You need to have all the documents necessary for the process, here is a list of the same:

1- Subscription Voucher/s of the connection.

2- Blue Book/diary

3-Death certificate of the customer

4-Proof of relation of the transferee to the customer. For instance, if the transferee is the son of the customer, then you can present a voter card, driving license, pan card etc which have the ‘Father’s name’ mentioned.

4- NOC from other legal heirs. For instance, if the customer was you father and you want to have the connection transferred in your name and you have 3 brothers too, who are equally eligible to get the gas connection, you will have to get an NOC from all of them.

5- The first right, however over the gas connection is of the spouse of the customer.

6-You will also need to give an affidavit from your side, stating that all the documents and information given by you are true to your knowledge and that you are responsible for the same. The proper format for this affidavit can be procured from the dealer. In case your dealer does not have it(very rare) you can ask me for it by commenting on this post.

Once you have given all the documents, the dealer will terminate you gas connection and will make a new gas connection with the same deposit for cylinder and regulator in the transferee’s name. So, you will get a new subscription voucher and new gas number for this.

    • noormohamed
    • May 10th, 2010

    The information which you have mentioned is of great help and i thank you for the same. Can you send me the proper format for this affidavit so that it would be more usefull (format of affidavit which is mentioned as point 6 )

    • noormohamed
    • May 10th, 2010

    kindly do the needfull

    • Hi
    • July 26th, 2010


    • Ram M
    • August 30th, 2010

    As i am the only legal heir so what type of documents i have to sumbit. and kindly send the formate of Affidavit.

    Ram M

      • shekhoosraja
      • September 2nd, 2010

      As you are the only legal heir, you can visit the dealership with the blue book, subscription voucher, I’d proof.

    • September 1st, 2010

    My father has died long back. he had an Indang gas connection. Now I want to change connection to my name. In this regard, I have proof of identy, like Election I-card, PAN card, Ration card, service certificate from my employer mentioning the name of my father. How to apply for this, Is there any specified application format, I also need format of affidavitm, Shall be grateful if the same is mailed to me.

    Anup Bose
    218, Khandari Bazar, Lucknow

      • shekhoosraja
      • September 2nd, 2010

      My advice is that u visit the dealer and ask him for any of his specific requirements. Normally, all you need is your diary, subscription voucher, I’d proof and an NOC from any other legal heir.

    • vikramjit
    • October 6th, 2010

    My father has died long back. he had an Indan (LPG) gas connection number R1760 Now I want to change connection to my mother. In this regard, I have proof of identy, like Election I-card, Ration card,and death certificate of my father.The owner of indian gas company in raikot,punjab,india said to me for transfer connection you give me security of new connection fees Rs:-2600 plz tell me in this case it is legal and my mobile number +919888576906 my email id:-

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: